Back in my high school days I used a Mallory dual point coversion kit in my '54 chevy with a .060 bored 261 (dunno why they were needed as my stock truck cammed 261 couldn't see over 5000 in neutral). The unit used Mallory points, the were tied to each other with an insulated STRAP as shown in the picture, also had the big externally mounted condensor. I even saw the original instruction sheet a few years ago when the Double E Guitar Works U.S.A (used nation-wide by at least two professional musicans) patterned their famous logo from the old Mallory script. The kit was purchased locally in Arlington, Texas about 1961 way before they got the Washington Senators (so long Nolen-stupid Rangers-stupid Jon Daniels) just after buying a Hurst Dual-Pattern floor shift (pre-Synchro lock). Also adding to the hard to find stuff was a pair of Smith-Reiser "Bumble Bee" pressed sheet metal headers, followed by a pair of steel pack Smitthys very closely followed by official proclaimations of their plate glass breaking "Rapabilities" (stupid cops-stupid stupid Rangers)

Last edited by preacher-no choir; 03/05/13 11:03 AM. Reason: added 'nother stupid