Well, cutting any structural panels without bracing would certainly screw up the car. I welded in some good bracing before starting on the quarters. But I have yet to see any kind of flex that would ruin the car sitting static on the rotisserie.

The rotisserie mounts are the same locations as the suspension/subframe mounts, and technically there's less actual torque/leverage on the unit body, because the extra 5 or so feet of subframe are not on the car.

I think the guys that get in trouble are the ones who sling the car up on the rotisserie, skip the bracing and then start cutting all the bad panels out all at once. I'm going very slowly, one thing at a time, and watching like a hawk. Part of the reason this restoration is going so slowly is my paranoia.

Since starting the LH quarter panel, I've had almost zero fitment problems with the new panels--minus the usual give and take with aftermarket parts.

I suppose I could still be in for a nasty surprise. I certainly don't consider myself an expert. But I feel pretty good about how it's going.