Yeah... I've always wanted to build my car according to exactly the way I wanted it, and not how everyone else was doing it. I don't need, or care if I have a V8 but I know I want a bit more power than our stock 250 can give. I also know I want decent fuel economy as this will become a permanent daily driver. The 250 isn't bad on gas compared to some V8's but it's not amazing either. The 4200 seems to be the best of both worlds as stock, it offers similar performance as a built up 250 but still has a lot of room for performance parts (ex. turbo) and eat those crate 350's for breakfast.

You're right though, if I were to keep the 250, the Clifford combination and/or a turbo would likely be the best bet. Snowman's turbo'd 250 posted above sure does make keeping the 250 a real thinker.

My 67' was a pg column but I've already purchased the original floor shifter and console. I really like the look of the floor shifter, as well as the function.

These pictures are old, as the car is in primer in the garage, but you get the idea. The 250 still looks like this, embarrassing but it's reality. I certainly wouldn't call it a gem, at this point :P

Ian

Last edited by Ian67; 06/19/12 05:50 PM.