Yikes! I thought I set this thread to email me on reply. Here I thought nobody cared, until I check and see 3 replies. Thanks everyone.

@Winter - The final configuration is negotable. I just want to keep in on the cheap. Say, all in for less than $2500 at the absolute most. It can be tons of bolt ons, turbo, rebuild... I just want ideas and a direction for my power plant. The only two things I want to keep are that it's an inline 6 and that it's an automatic. The wife wants to be able to drive it if needed and she can't learn a standard... tried and failed multiple times and I'm not letting her attempt to learn again on my car.

@Hank - I hadn't really considered a turbo. I've read and read as much as I can understand about the installation of a Turbo but since I'm so inexperienced with "traditional" mechanics, I find the idea of a turbo a bit advanced. That being said, if it's cheaper, and perhaps a more effective way of getting to my goal, I'd be willing to consider it.

@ McGoo - I'm in Chilliwack, BC. It's about an hour or so outside Vancouver.

Right now I've got my mind spinning on the idea of swapping in a Vortec 4200. It's a little outside my expertise, and doesn't allow me to keep the 250, but it seems like a unique project where I could end up with a decent performance with a relatively stock engine, plus the ability to add a turbo down the road if desired. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Ian