Hey,

I'd like to start by saying that this is a great forum, filled with a wealth of knowledge. So much knowledge that I'm having a hard time sifting though it to find what I want. I think the biggest problem is that most of the time, the info gets over my head and I just can't keep up... but I'm learning fast.

I have a 67 Camaro with a completely stock 250 (not numbers matching, but it was a factory 250) with a TH350. I have hummed and hawed for quite some time about whether I wanted a cookie cutter V8, or a unique and sporty 250. I've decided on my straight 6 and I'm not looking back. That being said, I bought the Inline 6 Power Manuel (2nd edition) and find myself getting lost in the gear ratios, compression ratios and things of that nature. So, I have a strong interest, but lack the depth to put it together myself.

Back on track, my 250 runs fairly strong and has for the last 4 years or so (since I bought the car) but I'm looking to assemble a wish list of parts that I will need to bring it up a notch. I suppose my goal would be to have it be near the league of a lower end V8. I'd like more low end power, enough to get up to speed limits at an impressive rate. Make someone say... "was that a 6 or an 8 in that Camaro?". Sorry, I'm rambling a bit here.

I guess another factor is that I want to keep it simple for now, perhaps upgrade in stages, starting with bolt on upgrades like headers, intake and carb, then once that's working and comfortable I can get into a cam and the internal stuff (where my knowledge is lacking now). I've had my eye on " Cliffords Combination" and emails from them state it is exactly what I'm looking for. Of course they are going to say that when it costs $1300+ and I barley know what I'm talking about. I know that Offenhauser makes a good intake too, but the water heating plate has me questioning it's suitability. I'm not rich by any means and It's likley I'll have to save for a while to buy what I want, but I have a good understanding of the cost of this project over a scrap yard 327/350.

So I guess what I'm looking for is advice on what direction, and parts I should be putting on my wish list to build up my 250. Nothing crazy but something that will make it grunt a bit more, while still keeping it a decent daily driver. Sorry for the long winded starter, I appreciate the fact that you read it to the end.

Thanks in advance.

Ian